What's new

Phone temperature problem

doorkey

Reaction score
Eversince I updated to iOs7, im having phone temperature problem. Especially when using camera or video. Phone will get hot quickly. And then phone will shut down even if batt is not drained yet. When i try to turn it back on, says i need to wait til the temperature of the phone cools off! Which takes like 5min or so. So, does anyone have the same prob as me? Any thoughts on here? Ty!

I think you should consider having your iPhone checked out at the Genius Bar at your nearest Apple Store. You may have problems with the battery. Overheating to the point of a high temperature shutdown is not normal. If you do decide to have your phone checked out, back it up before going, that way you can set up a replacement phone from the backup.

If your phone is out of warranty and the battery is defective, you will have to pay the cost of a battery replacement at $79.00.

Last edited:
Thank you! Def out of warranty. Already have this for almost 2years or so. Jeez. $79 huh? Thanks man!

Generally, diagnostic runs shouldn't pend on whether you're under warranty or Apple Care or not, because you have to diagnose the issue first prior to taking action. You can schedule an appointment with the Genius Bar, bring the device in, they'll plug it into their terminals, run a few diagnostics, then they'll list out the possible course of action that you can take.