What's new

Phone switching of as if battery flat

This is an on off long running problem from like start of year. Only happens odd times which is why I haven't took it back to shop. It started sometimes switching off with 20% battery odd times with more. I tried letting it run right down to 0% but as I say it only happens odd times so I can never tell if it's stopped doing it or not.

When it goes off with battery still not empty the first time I try to turn it on it gives the empty battery sign and charger sign indicating it needs charging. The 2nd time it comes on as normal showing battery % it had when it went off or it has showed higher % before. Then after 5 to 10 seconds goes off again. If I repeat this process it normally eventually stays on or if i am at home and put it on charge it stays on tho normally have been out. I have an iPhone charger case but this won't make it stay on. From June it had been ok til about a week or 2 ago when it went off again with around 20% battery but came back on and stayed on I think 2nd attempt. Today it did same with 34% battery and took more attempts to stay on.

I have worked out the last 2 times its happened is when I've switched it off and on or done the reset pressing on off button and home button. Could this be the reason it's playing up? I never switch it off other than when mobile internet isn't working when I'm out and it's fine when left on. As it switches itself on when put on charge there's no need to have it off as I charge it overnight which is only time I wouldn't need it on.

I've merged all of your threads about the problem with the battery. It'easier to help when we see what has been suggested and done before. Please keep the discussion about this problem to this thread only.

I'd suggest contacting Apple, here's the information you'll need:
How to Contact Us - Apple (UK)

or take your iPhone to an Apple Retail Store.