What's new

Phone shuts down when taking photos

noddy

Reaction score
I thought my battery had died a few days ago when I was taking pics whilst outdoors. It's done a few times since and it goes off at about 22%. When I plug it into the charger it comes back on straight away.
Anyone else having this?

Not sure why , but sometime
Ed mine does this exact thing. I have found if I shut down unused apps than everything works like it should. May be worth a shot.

that's weird :( maybe you should go to app store and let them check your phone?

Try different settings like Location Services and see if it still does that. But either way, it shouldn't shut off. I'd restore and not put anything on the phone and see if it still does it. If the phone still shuts off then call apple care and get it swapped.

Thats weird. As I am aware From my last adventure into an iPhones intestines there is no link from the battery or something like that to the camera. Actually they're nowhere near each other. I would swap out the camera first and if it still happens it might be your motherboard or battery. In any case I would drop it by the genius bar and let them have a crack at it.

Same thing happening here. When taking pictures around 20% battery in my iphone 4S 64GB it shutdowns and you have to rebooting (home+switch on/off) to start again or connect it to the charger to back on again.

It always show low battery but is not correct. It backs on with 19%-20% battery remain.

When rebooting if you don't take pictures or make videos te phone is working till battery runs out at 1%, so the normal behaviour.

I'm using the last IOS 6.0.1

Any ideas?

Thank you

Is your iphone jailbroken? if not, then a simple restore and resyncing of all your info. will most likely solve the problem. it takes an hour or so of course though.

Same thing happening here.
iphone4s 64gb switches off when taking pictures (sometimes) (often enough to be annoying!)
always with 10-40% of battery remaining
it shows flat battery animation and will NOT switch on, even if holding both buttons for 2mins+
but it turns on immediately when i connect charger, no waiting to charge
and immediately shows 10-50% of battery that i knew it had
it also did it once when playing music and then someone called me
device switched off when i pressed answer button

i am jailbroken 5.1.1
it did not happen on 5.0 jailbroken (but that was when battery was new - 4 months old!)
had device for 13 months so warranty/swap is out of the question

interesting to see raviega's un-jailbroken device doing the same (post above)
did a restore fix that?

anyone else got this problem or any info?

Same thing happening here. When taking pictures around 20% battery in my iphone 4S 64GB it shutdowns and you have to rebooting (home+switch on/off) to start again or connect it to the charger to back on again.

It always show low battery but is not correct. It backs on with 19%-20% battery remain.

When rebooting if you don't take pictures or make videos te phone is working till battery runs out at 1%, so the normal behaviour.

I'm using the last IOS 6.0.1

Any ideas?

Thank you

Note: Mi phone IS NOT jailbroken and I didn't restore the device yet.