What's new

Phone getting stuck on tethered re-boot

bryann9182

Reaction score
Attempting a jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.8b7 on iOS 4.2.10 CDMA.

Re-booted the phone tethered fine the first time and installed some apps through Cydia. Since the apps required a reboot, I manually powered off the phone so that I could re-boot through redsn0w. The problem is every time I go to re-boot through redsn0w I never get the phone to turn back on. It just sits on the pineapple logo forever and does nothing. After about 5-10 minutes it will switch over the Apple logo and just sit there again.

Not sure if this is it but can the phone trying to boot back up on it's own (WITHOUT redsn0w) be causing it to screw itself up and lock me out?

Here's what i'm doing:

unplugged my phone after opening cydia (not sure if I should have)

I installed apps on cydia, then manually shut the phone off instead of selecting "Reboot device" in Cydia

plugged my phone BACK into the USB and it tried to force itself back on w/ apple logo (Is this where i'm messing up?)

quickly put phone into DFU mode, selected "just boot tethered right now" and im stuck

You need to use 0.9.8b7a or 0.9.8b7b.

Got the phone up and running with 0.9.8b7a, but my springboard crashed and im in safe mode. Gonna try re-booting again and see what happens. If it still won't come up will I have to restore, then re-jailbreak again with 0.9.8b7a?

Got it back up!!!! Thank you so much Jmills. Appreciate the help. I was getting very frustrated lol!

Last edited:
No, just delete whatever Cydia app you installed that is not compatible with your firmware and is causing your phone to crash into Safe Mode.

I would just go back to stock and wait for the final release of IOS5 and worry about a JB then. Tether JB are a pain in the azz and its just like having nothing at all.

I would just go back to stock and wait for the final release of IOS5 and worry about a JB then. Tether JB are a pain in the azz and its just like having nothing at all.

He's not asking if he should jailbreak or not, he's asking HOW to jailbreak. People come to this forum looking for help on jailbreaking having already decided to jailbreak.