iPhoneForums.Net News Team
- Jun 18, 2010
- Reaction score
Superstar YouTuber PewDiePie’s new iOS game, Tuber Simulator, has soared to the top of the App Store charts in 29 countries in just a couple of days, reports VentureBeat. In fact the game was so in demand that it actually crashed the App Store, Pokémon Go style, for a while. If you’re not familiar with PewDiePie, he’s actually one of the most famous YouTubers in the world, with more than 48 million subscribers to his YouTube channel, so it’s no surprise at all that his second ever iOS game is such a huge hit. It also helps that its actually really good (and it features a cute pug minigame)!
The game was developed by Outerminds (who also made PewDiePie’s first number 1 iOS game, Legend of the Brofist) and published by PewDiePie’s own company, Revelmode.
Gameplay revolves around trying to become a successful YouTuber, just like PewDiePie himself (real name Felix Kjellberg), by making the best videos you can and buying upgrades to make them even better. You can also spend your money in-app to help you progress as a YouTuber, which has helped the game to become one of the top 100 highest-grossing iPhone games in the US.
Here are some of PewDiePie’s Tuber Simulator’s key features:
- MAKE VIDEOS and GAIN VIEWS and SUBS to buy new ITEMS such as EQUIPMENT, FURNITURE, CLOTHES and even PETS!
- REAL VOICE ACTING by PewDiePie himself!
- COMPLETE EPIC QUESTS to gain currency quickly!
- SHOW OFF YOUR AWESOME ROOM by sharing it online!
- FOLLOW YOUR FAVORITE PLAYERS and VOTE for them in WEEKLY EVENTS!
- CONNECT WITH FRIENDS and send or receive SWAG GIFTS!
- CHALLENGE YOUR FRIENDS in the survival arena and brag about your score on Facebook!
- PLAY PUGGLE, the cutest minigame ever!
- AMAZING CHIPTUNE MUSIC by RUSHJET1, returning from PEWDIEPIE: LEGEND OF THE BROFIST!
Click here to download for free: PewDiePie's Tuber Simulator on the App Store
Source: App Store, Not just a YouTube sensation: PewDiePie’s game tops iOS App Store in 29 countries