What's new

People can't hear me when I hold my iPhone 5 with my head

Here's a good troubleshooting idea for someone. While on a call... hold the phone normally w/ you hand, but take a finger and place it over the noice canceling mic that's between your camera and flash. She what happens then....

I actually get to this situation alot, but I never heared about this issue. Would recommend using the headphones, just like @bula said. I'll check that up for you with my iPhone and keep you updated :)

Ok... I've tested this thoroughly w/ a friend of mine tonight. When they are on a voice call and holding the phone up to their ear w/ their shoulder the sound from their end becomes muffled. We tried recreating this in many different ways... holding a finger over the rear facing microphone... pressing the phone against your ear w/ a hand... numerous other ways and angles. Nothing can recreate the effect. We're using White 16GB iPhone 5's.

Could it be antenna interference from being right next to the persons body mass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaah so looks like i'm not the only one with that problem. i'm using a 32gb white iphone 5 by the way..