What's new

password protect notes

aljohn

Reaction score
I have an iphone 3g and I want to put some personal, private information on it that I can protect - with a password. I've read up and searched but I can't see a way of doing this, except py having a pin code for the entire phone. I don't really want to do this, even with a time delay. Any ideas, anyone?

I think I understand your question. I use a free app called "Codebook". It's essentially a password protected, encrypted note pad.

Exactly, you can't natively put a password on the notes of the note app.
So the solution is to find an app which offers this.

I'm a big fan of 1password, which does more (passwords , Credit cards , etc ) but includes also notes. And what is key is the dropbox sync, which is important for keeping your notes both on your computer and your iPhone.

Sure there are many other ones !

Last edited:
Passwords play a crucial part in controlling access to notes. Personal privacy, flexible security and Secured mobility are essential. Passwords are case-sensitive. Make sure that the CAPS LOCK key is turned off when you enter a password for the first time. Password-protected sections are not included in notebook searches, Note flags used on the pages within a protected section are not included in the note flag summary unless the sections are first unlocked, audio and video recordings are stored as separate files in your notebook and you cannot apply passwords to them. Remember all these to protect password notes

Sorry for not replying sooner, and thanks for the replies. I've decided to try codebook.

Ensure, any app is local to the phone and do not use our data by their server :)

I use codebook, it works really good. It is the best secure notebook for my iPhone which helps to protect my sensitive information.