What's new

Password Manager Apps: SUGGESTIONS!?

AgostinoVenticento

Reaction score
Hello world.
I am searching for a password manager app cause i got a lot of passwords to remember so i want to put it on my Phone and of course protect them..
I've found some apps searching on Google.. Does anybody tried iAccounts!? I've found a lot of good reviews..
Thank you for the support..

I use SplashID on my iPad to store mine.

I just went to the app store, then to SplashID's web site, to have a look at it.

If you have an iPhone and an iPad and wish to sync SplashID between your iDevices, it costs what seems to me to be an astronomical amount, $40! Yes, FORTY DOLLARS.

It's $10 for the iPhone app, PLUS $10 for the iPad app, PLUS $20 for the desktop app required for syncing!

A total of $40 !

A bit too much for me I'm afraid!

EDIT:

Sorry, my figures weren't fully accurate.
It's only $9.99 for iPhone, $9.99 for iPad, and $19.99 for desktop.
A (?) very reasonable (?) $39.97 instead of the astronomical $40 I stated above.

Last edited:
1Password is the best, IMO. I now have it installed on my iPad, iPhone, MBP and my work WinXP machine. The Universal version was $15 when I got it, the versions for the MBP and PC were more, but worth every penny. I have the database synced up via Dropbox to all 4 machines and it works flawlessly. Better than any other password keeper I have used in the past.

And just so you know, I keep over 500 entries in the app. It is secure enough I am even able to keep my Work passwords and accounts in it as well.

Last edited:
Yarrenbool said:
I just went to the app store, then to SplashID's web site, to have a look at it.

If you have an iPhone and an iPad and wish to sync SplashID between your iDevices, it costs what seems to me to be an astronomical amount, $40! Yes, FORTY DOLLARS.

It's $10 for the iPhone app, PLUS $10 for the iPad app, PLUS $20 for the desktop app required for syncing!

A total of $40 !

A bit too much for me I'm afraid!

EDIT:

Sorry, my figures weren't fully accurate.
It's only $9.99 for iPhone, $9.99 for iPad, and $19.99 for desktop.
A (?) very reasonable (?) $39.97 instead of the astronomical $40 I stated above.

Maybe it's just me, but if the point is just to store your passwords, why would you need to store them in every device you own? I know where they are if I need them, so having them on one device is enough for me. Obviously there are many to choose from so finding a free or close to free one should not be a problem.

While at work, I do not have access to my MBP. When I am on the floor at work, I dont have access to anything but my iPhone. There are many places I go where I only have the iPhone and iPad. The ability to have access to the information no matter what device I am holding is one of the major reasons I got 1Password.

And do you really want to trust your password security to a free app that may or may not be secure? Personally, I would rather pay a bit more than normal (for an app) to make sure it is covered. 1Password has been around enough and has been written up enough in the likes of TUAW, Gizmodo and Engadget that I am comfortable.

Do a search here, see what password manager pops up the most. Would have saved a lot of time just searching that in the first place, BTW...

I use SplashId on iPad, iPhone and desktop. Worth every penny. I was recently in Nice, the south of France, and my wallet was stolen. I had my iPhone with me and was able using SplashId to cancel all the credit and debit cards very quickly. In SplashId you just open the entry and you can dial the stored phone number by just touching the the phone symbol. I have lots of entries in SplashId over 200 and many passwords for various accounts.

Hi there,

I would recommend you Safe. It is not very expensive like 1Password or SplashID and it works perfect. I am satisfied with it anyway. You can order your information in many ways, folder and subfolders. AND you can save pictures as well. That´s a great feature that other password managers do not have.

Story i heard on LBC Radio, Nick Ferrari related in his days as a 'hack' in fleet street, Friday all the hacks go for a drink, one guy always emptied his wallet then got more cash from a local ATM to get home.

Nick needs some cash also so accompanies his pal who can never , then watches as he gets his card out and reads a number scratched onto the ATM and types in his code, he can never remmember his PIN

Astonished Nick suggests its bad security, but the pal says its not the actual PIN number but he adds it to his birth year to get his code.

That being the case you could use 2 alias email addresses, store you codes and passwords split between the the two, in the same way in it's contacts.

So white in alias one and black in alias two.

Obviously set up very strong passwords you CAN remember for both these accounts then should one be compromised by a hacker, it will not make a lot of sense to anyone else.

I use Roboform which you can download onto PC, laptop, iphone, ipad and sync to online site. I believe it is the No.1 password manager and it is just fabulous. I could not live without it!

I totally agree about1password. It is the best. It uses double security and a dream to use plus offers wifi sync to desktop

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I use kypass. Compatible with the open source software keepass and sync via dropbox.