What's new

Passbook still not working

sjsmith1708

Reaction score
Hi,

Is anyone else having issues with pass book. Every time I click on to it, it takes me to App Store then says could not connect to iTunes Store.

Not really impressed with this update it seems that they have rushed to get it out to customers.

Ditto, same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you have to go change the date up 1 year, then go to passbook and click app store once that goes through go back and change the date and it will work from there on.

you have to go change the date up 1 year, then go to passbook and click app store once that goes through go back and change the date and it will work from there on.

Not true 100% of the time. Mine still does not work even after this. All other aspects of the App Store work except when coming from passbook.

Thanks!!! That worked for me. Not wanting to hi jack the thread but any idea why maps doesn't show traffic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deckyon said:
Not true 100% of the time. Mine still does not work even after this. All other aspects of the App Store work except when coming from passbook.

How do you mean change the date?

That worked for me, thank you. But seriously, amazing that anyone figured that out. How random. Thanks again though.

I have a question...

U mean we have to download apps from app store and put our passes into them???
Or theyre ganna be categorized inside the passbook automaticlly??
If not,so we can get different apps from app store without passbook icon here... What is really that supposed to do! I cant figure that out..

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

You use the apps to purchase tickets and passes, then Passbook knows to display them based on location awareness when it's time you can use them.

Think of it as a way to organize and "pull out" the card or ticket you need at the right time.

You still buy theater tickets with the ticketing app, you just use passbooks features to have that ticket on your lock screen already when you get to the theater.

thewitt said:
You use the apps to purchase tickets and passes, then Passbook knows to display them based on location awareness when it's time you can use them.

Think of it as a way to organize and "pull out" the card or ticket you need at the right time.

You still buy theater tickets with the ticketing app, you just use passbooks features to have that ticket on your lock screen already when you get to the theater.

Thx dude... That was useful :)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I can't acquire passbook on ios 6 to work. When i hold getting a message "connection error". I am hoping Apple will look into this particular and release the new update associated with passbook.

Just thought I would share how I got passbook to connect to the App Store. I was looking online for a fix and saw the standard change the date up a year well I tried that more then once and it did not work which is why I was looking for other suggestions. Someone stated that they changed the date to 2024 so I tried that and sure enough it worked. I went to the App Store no problem. Now my dilemma is I am not so sure it's working correctly. I put in my rewards card from Walgreens no problem. When I open Passbook The Walgreens card is what is displayed and I can not get it to go away unless I delete it from passbook. Not sure exactly how passbook works but I imagine it should file this not have it so that's all I can look at so can someone tell me if they had this happen and fixed it.

passbook in ios 6 is an virtual wallet that holds coupons, gift cards and more, and can pop up on your notification screen when you’re in the right place at the right time to use one.