What's new

Pass-Code Restrictions For Devices On The Same Account

rain6460

Reaction score
Hi,
My question is, can restriction pass codes all be different on multiple devices that share the same account? This may seem like a dumb question that I should be able to answer for myself by experimenting, but please hear me out.

I have an iPhone 4 and my two sons have iPod Touch 4's. Their devices are on my Apple account. I set some restrictions on one of their devices and then forgot the pass code. Then I noticed my phone had restrictions turned on, though I don't remember setting any. And of course I don't know the pass code. I assumed that because both devices are on the same account, that the restrictions I set on my sons device were automatically applied to my phone as well because they're on the same account? That doesn't seem right, which is the reason for my question above. Thanks
Jeff

Last edited:
It's annoying that from ios6 things " share"
I've had some friends who share their account with their teenage daughters find their texts on theirs daughters phones ...........😨

Yes, I've had that issue too. It's kind of silly, when Apple must realize there are many adults who probably set up their children's devices on their accounts. You wouldn't think allowing different pass codes on the same account would be a problem, since each device has a unique name, serial number, etc.. As I'm typing this I just remembered my other son told me a while back he has no restrictions on his device, and he's also on my account...so now I'm not sure what's actually going on...?