What's new

Passcode in Camera Roll?

I have the same problem since the latest system software update on my iPhone - "Photos in the Camera Roll cannot be viewed or imported because the iPhone is locked with a passcode". Also, I cannot connect to iTunes. (I have the latest iTunes version that my Mac recognises (11.4 (18).) I click "Trust this computer" when prompted. I tried with different USB ports, different cables, disabling the passcode, keeping the phone on, restarting - nothing works.
Welcome to iPhoneForums, travellinggio!

If your iPhone is up to date (iOS 10.0.1 or 10.0.2), you need iTunes 12.5.1, otherwise you'll have problems connecting your device.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, travellinggio!

If your iPhone is up to date (iOS 10.0.1 or 10.0.2), you need iTunes 12.5.1, otherwise you'll have problems connecting your device.

Thank you, J.A. It is indeed OS 10.0.2. When I try to download iTunes 12.5.1, I am automatically directed to the version I have and told that I am up to date. I imagine that my 5-year old MacBook does not support 12.5.1. Is there a possibility to revert to an older version of OS on my iPhone?

Thank you, J.A. It is indeed OS 10.0.2. When I try to download iTunes 12.5.1, I am automatically directed to the version I have and told that I am up to date. I imagine that my 5-year old MacBook does not support 12.5.1. Is there a possibility to revert to an older version of OS on my iPhone?
Apple is still signing 9.3.5, that's the only iOS you'll be able to revert to. If you intend to downgrade, do it as soon as possible. Apple could stop signing that software any day now, and then you'd be stuck on 10x, with no possibility to downgrade.

I have iTunes 12.5.1 on an 8 year old MacBook Pro and it works fine. Try downloading iTunes directly from the downloads page on the Apple website instead of the Mac App Store.

I am having this very same Issue with my iPhone 6s. It has always worked previously but know i can't connect to iTunes or iPhoto. I get a message on my phone saying do i trust this computer, i hit trust but then i get a message in iTunes saying iPhone cannot be connected because of an invalid response. This is the same commuter (macbook Pro) that i have always used. I recently update to the latest software over WiFi, would this have anything to do with it?
Thanks for your help.

I have the identical issue. I had NO PROBLEMS for MONTHS uploading photos from iPhone to my iMac until a few days ago. My OS has the latest version of iTunes it can support (2.2.2) and when I open iTunes now I get the message that "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone “My iPhone” because an invalid response was received from the device. My passcode is UNLOCKED. HELP! THIS is driving me MAD!!!!

I have the identical issue. I had NO PROBLEMS for MONTHS uploading photos from iPhone to my iMac until a few days ago. My OS has the latest version of iTunes it can support (2.2.2) and when I open iTunes now I get the message that "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone “My iPhone” because an invalid response was received from the device. My passcode is UNLOCKED. HELP! THIS is driving me MAD!!!!
Which iOS version is on your iPhone? If your iPhone is on any version of iOS 10, it won't connect to a version of iTunes older than 12.5.1.

Which iOS version is on your iPhone? If your iPhone is on any version of iOS 10, it won't connect to a version of iTunes older than 12.5.1.

I KNOW! (I meant to write I have V. 12.2.2something. HELP! I'm trying to figure out how to go back to V 9 on my phone, but in order to do that I have to open iTunes & now iTunes won't recognize my phone!! This is horrible! Does it mean that EVERYONE with this problem has to buy a new computer????

I KNOW! (I meant to write I have V. 12.2.2something. HELP! I'm trying to figure out how to go back to V 9 on my phone, but in order to do that I have to open iTunes & now iTunes won't recognize my phone!! This is horrible! Does it mean that EVERYONE with this problem has to buy a new computer????
If the latest version of iTunes available for your iMac is 12.2.2 then you must be on OS X Lion. If you can't upgrade your iMac to a later version of OS X then you'll have to upgrade your computer which could be up to 10 years old.

Apple is still signing iOS 9.3.5 but that could change at any moment. Unfortunately you'll need to use a computer capable of running the latest version of iTunes in order to downgrade. Is there a possibility of borrowing or using a newer computer?

If the latest version of iTunes available for your iMac is 12.2.2 then you must be on OS X Lion. If you can't upgrade your iMac to a later version of OS X then you'll have to upgrade your computer which could be up to 10 years old.

Apple is still signing iOS 9.3.5 but that could change at any moment. Unfortunately you'll need to use a computer capable of running the latest version of iTunes in order to downgrade. Is there a possibility of borrowing or using a newer computer?

Thank you! I'm running 10.7.5. Late 2009. It's Lion alright (only 7 years old!) I was afraid of that! But I wonder why the difficulty didnt start immediately after I upgraded which was at least 3 weeks ago? Why doens someone warn us about these thongs? I'll try to find a friend with a newer OS. I appreciate your quick reply. JBG

Thank you! I'm running 10.7.5. Late 2009. It's Lion alright (only 7 years old!) I was afraid of that! But I wonder why the difficulty didnt start immediately after I upgraded which was at least 3 weeks ago? Why doens someone warn us about these thongs? I'll try to find a friend with a newer OS. I appreciate your quick reply. JBG
Is your iMac from late 2009? If so, you should be able to update it to El Capitan and the latest version of itunes.

Last edited: