What's new

Pass code entrance on an iPhone?

Chopperbill

Reaction score
New to the iPhone 4, yes I know it's obsolete. I do my finances on my iPad and lap top so I have those pass code protected on entrance. How important is it to pass code my iPhone? It's on the same iCloud program as my other stuff. Could it be attacked or harmed if I loose my phone. It's a PITA to use the phone with a passcode especially when you have to do the slide to unlock.
Which brings up another question. Why do the have the slide to unlock, its unnecessary when they could open with just the passcode screen

If you do your finances online, and use iCloud to sync Safari, and/or store passwords and usernames for Safari, it's possible to use this information on a not passcode protected iPhone.

If you use iCloud to sync between your devices, whatever is changed on the iPhone will also sync to your other devices. Whoever takes the iPhone is able to look at information saved to iCloud that's visible on the iPhone. Calendar entries, contact informations, notes that are synced, pictures, Safari bookmarks, reading lists, ... emails, if you use the email account. If you also backup to iCloud, the backup of your iPad can as well be deleted from iCloud on the iPhone.

Depending on the software on your device and the settings in iCloud, it would also be possible to wipe everything from your iPhone without you knowing it.

It's definitely worthwhile to passcode your iPhone 4, based on J.A.'s excellent post. The security of your personal information is definitely worth the time it takes to enter a password.

Wow! That would be a lot of damage! Guess that's a no brainer. Thanks JA and Sci.