What's new

Pangu wont jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 after update

gbgunner

Reaction score
Dear All,

Please help.

I previously updated my iphone to IOS 7.1.1 then jailbroken using Pangu 1.1.0. I have now updated my iPhone to 7.1.2 and tried to re-jailbreak (again with same package Pangu 1.1.0) but Pangu now says that my device is already jailbroken. When i did the update to 7.1.2 the cydia icon disappeared but some of the other tweaks still remained. I have now deleted all the tweaks and I have reset both my computer and iphone but when i run Pangu it still says that it is still jailbroken (i cant move on from there - jailbreak button greyed out).

I have also restored my last back up and Pangu still says its jailbroken

Has this happened to anyone else?
Anyone know how to fix this?
Is there another jailbreak for IOS 7.1.2?

iPhone: 4s
IOS: 7.1.2 (updated through iTunes)

Thanks in advance, all help very welcome !!!

My suggestion is to restore the phone to iOS 7.1.2 (not update it - a full restore).

This will put a new iOS 7.1.2 that's as stock as can be, thus removing any traces of old jail breaks.

Then, after that, re-jailbreaking with PanGu should work.

Good luck.

Marilyn

My suggestion is to restore the phone to iOS 7.1.2 (not update it - a full restore).

This will put a new iOS 7.1.2 that's as stock as can be, thus removing any traces of old jail breaks.

Then, after that, re-jailbreaking with PanGu should work.

Good luck.

Marilyn

OK, I have carried out your instructions and all has gone well and appears to have worked...thank you

I restored iphone...jailbroken....then updated with old back up

However i keep getting a warning every now and again..usually when I restart, warning me that 'storage is almost full. You can manage your storage in settings'. I have checked and I have 11.5 GB out of 16 GB left. So that's clearly not right and I don't have lots of data on there either.

Any ideas how to get rid of that annoying warning?

Thanks again

Last edited:
OK, I have carried out your instructions and all has gone well and appears to have worked...thank you

I restored iphone...jailbroken....then updated with old back up

However i keep getting a warning every now and again..usually when I restart, warning me that 'storage is almost full. You can manage your storage in settings'. I have checked and I have 11.5 GB out of 16 GB left. So that's clearly not right and I don't have lots of data on there either.

Any ideas how to get rid of that annoying warning?

Thanks again

Ok have now found the answer. Here's an update
At the time of jail-breaking I hadn't used Cydia as I was getting this problem and wanted to sort it out first.
I realised that I hadn't run Cydia yet and have now done so and the problem seems to have been cured !!!
So looks like it was the fact that I hadn't run Cydia that was causing the problem.
Thanks again
Gbgunner