What's new

painting iphone 4 help

xero14

Reaction score
Hey everyone I was thinking of painting an iphone 4 soon and wondering if the black front piece could be painted. I was going to have a friend powder coat the whole thing saw colorware does this but they dont do the front. Figure the glass just needs to be removed but not sure on how to go about this project.

I don't see why you shouldn't. I mean, it's not like it's going to hurt that phone, as long as you make sure it doesn't leak inside.

Ok yeah I just wanted to make sure the covers could handle the heat. Also do you know how easily the display is to get off and then back on, any recommanded glue for the job.

Ok little update so I was really looking at a few disassembly guides and to me it looks like the display glass is painted black on top and bottom. I thought the casing behind it might have been painted black and not the glass. So what paint should i use for the glass display?

Last edited:
Ok yeah I just wanted to make sure the covers could handle the heat. Also do you know how easily the display is to get off and then back on, any recommanded glue for the job.