What's new

Overseas Help

Zues

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new here and have a question about using my iphone overseas. I bought my iPhone 4 from the United States, and currently I am out of town. My entire family has iPHones except I am the only one with the iphone 4. Everyone else was able to connect to the local service, however my phone keeps saying NO SERVICE. I went into Settings<Carriers and it is set on Automatic and it finds the major carrier but it cannot connect to it..... Any advice??
THANKS!!!

I would call AT&T and make sure they have it all setup correctly. Sometimes activating a new phone messes with your account. Sounds like a network issue not a phone problem...

Did you buy the iPhone in the U.S. without activating it? And are you overseas now and trying to use the iPhone? The phone has to be unlocked in order for you to use an overseas SIM card and the SIM card has to be cut. If you have not activated the SIM card, it will not work anywhere.

If you are an AT&T customer and have activated it through them, just call AT&T and tell them that you are overseas and would like to use a local SIM card. They will give you the unlock code for it.