What's new

Cannot delete photos (installed differently)

5acrefarmer

Reaction score
Hi

When I bought my iPhone 4 I ask the salesperson if he could install some photos I had in two folders on an SD card. He got some assistance and installed the photos.

Later when I wanted to delete the photos I noticed there is no delete icon. I went into another shop (all this happening while travelling overseas for an extended period) and asked how it could be done. I was told they cannot be deleted.

Something of a shock to me and something I was not told when they were installed. I'm sure the sales assistant didn't know this either.

So is there some way to hack (?) into the phone to remove the photos. Hack may be the wrong word sorry.

I will soon be back home and will go into an apple store but a 3rd party opinion or advice would be much appreciated.

Ian

so the SD card has all the photos on them? does your computer/camera not have a slot for SD so you cand elete them that way?

Did you try plugging into iTunes and deleting that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry. I did transfer photos out of phone after trip overseas but could not see these particular photos.
I was told by a apple guy that the photos cannot be removed which I wish I was warned about from the start. Never expect such a thing to be possible. If he is correct then that is why I wonder if the phone needs to be broken into or hacked or whatever the correct term is.

I return home in a day or two and will ask again in another apple store but hoping to get non-apple advice from here.

Would like to remove photos before selling phone to friend so I can buy iPhone 5 when it comes out.