What's new

Overclock IOS 5

iPanty

Reaction score
So as you can see I am new here. Also I don't know if it is appropriate to make a post like this, and if so tell me and not rip on me, thank you. Also I am new to iphone my first being the iphone 4 which I picked up 3 days ago (I was told those with iphones have more sex, still not sure about that though). I know, I can see it now "Why didn't you get the 4S?!" because the 16gb iphone 4 was $150 AND I have an ipad 2 so I don't need another ipad 2 in a palm form. But anyway back to the post, how can I overclock the iphone to it's supposed 1ghz or the A4s supposed 1.2ghz? I am aware of heat and battery life etc. I am not new to overclocking itself, I have been doing it on PC for a few years and have achieved over 6ghz on a 2600k (off topic) so I am very aware of any problems that mat occur. I just need to know how to do it on the iphone 4? I have overclocked android and that was a piece of cake, but I have gotten sick of android (seems like no matter how much you OC it, it still runs like crap). Reason for it is because of newer games coming out.

But anyways, help would be nice :)

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a useful video but a tad to far to start. I need to first get Cydia on the phone.

It looks like all that video does is remove the factory underclock setting which is applied to the iPhone 4 processor. The A4 chip is rated for 1000Mhz and the phone ships with that chip underclocked to 800Mhz.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Removing the block to 1ghz would not only be a good start but a nice speed boost. Even if that's all it does, it would just be nice to get to that location.

From what i gathered from a friend who did this with the old IOS 4 doing this DOES NOT bring the clock speed to 1ghz. It just removes the power management for downclocking when the processor is not in use.

I just want to bump so someone can confirm my finding.

Probably shouldn't ask this on somebody else's post. But what's over clock just curious.

It's to push something mechanical or electrical beyond it's manufacturers specs. In this case the A4 has a manufacturer spec of 1.2ghz but was downclocked to 800mhz, so technically it's not overclocking if i bump it to 1ghz or even 1.2ghz but because the iPhone is manufactured by apple and it uses and A4 which is 800mhz it's still counting as overclocking the phone but not the physical chip. You can overclock anything that uses an external force of energy if you apply more energy :) in this case higher clocks.

Last edited:
Hello,
Can someone help me install it on iphone 4 ios- 5.0.1?
Is blocked by the iphon-installed after the h1siri from Cydia and is totally block appears apple!
I tried to do restore and update, go to the end and terminated, requires pascod-in which we could not print the screen.

The best way is to just rename SystemPowerProfileDefault.plist file. That is the one controlling the clock speed and without it, iphone uses the defaulat maximum. Here's the details -
How to Overclock iPhone.