What's new

Output VGA

Bluering

Reaction score
Is there any adaptor where one end of the cable will be a VGA connection that you can connect to a data projector. I know you can use AV connection, but the resolution is not that goood.

Is there any adaptor where one end of the cable will be a VGA connection that you can connect to a data projector. I know you can use AV connection, but the resolution is not that goood.

Though I have not received any reply, I saw a "Dock Connect to VGA Adaptor" at Harvey Norman last Sunday which should be the answer to my question, but unfortunately, many who bought that cable thought that you could mirror what you see on the screen of your iphone or ipad on a large screen or a data projector, but they are utterly disappointed that this is not the case. Thank God I did not buy that useless cable. What is the use of a VGA cable if you can't mirror what you see on your ipad/iphone screen? Apple! Apple! I don't know what to say.

the cable just allows you to get better resolution out of the iphone 4 or ipad. thats the only difference that i know of over the regular cable.

All I know is thanks to 4.3 it is now possible to have HD output. I don't know if it's via airplay or apples official cable. It's something I've never used personally.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...

I would think if you used the "useless" cable with a jailbroken phone and TVOutTuner you could get what you are looking for. I don't use the app with VGA but it outputs via composite connector and mirrors my ip4 screen on my TV.

Hey guys,
I was about to buy one of the IP4 to AV out cables on flea-bay last night but I thought I'd better check first.
Will a non Apple cable work without jailbreaking?
Do I need an app to tv out?

I have a win mo TP2 right now and I just plug that mini usb in and it switches to tv out then back to whatever screen/app you were in. Will my IP4 do the same?

Hi all, I bought a ipda VGA cable, and download a dispaly out, but I can not mirror out my iphone 4 display to my TV, anybody know I missed somethings?
My iphone ios 4.1 , JB already.
Because I want to dispaly all the things, games.... to TV, not only video.

Anyone can help me >.<