What's new

Otterbox Iphone4 Defender Case

I am looking to buy some sort of screen protector.. any suggestion?
If all you want is a screen protector, I highly recommend Zagg Invisibleshield. Easy to apply, especially if you get their new dry application one, no residue if you remove it and I think it gives the best protection.

If you need a case with it, I recommend the Otterbox though. I got mine 2 days ago and love it. The defender has a built in screen protector and comes with a belt clip. Great case.

I just got my Otterbox Defender. Is it better to remove the protector that I had on my phone it or leave it alone? I get a little bit of a watermark, but not too bad.

I just got my Otterbox Defender. Is it better to remove the protector that I had on my phone it or leave it alone? I get a little bit of a watermark, but not too bad.
I don't think it matters. You don't need it, but if you want to leave it in place, I'm sure it would be fine as long as having a double screen protector doesn't affect the sensitivity or accuracy of the touch screen.

Just got mine at best buy. Has zagg wet shield on but had to remove it after day or so. Got the bubble cloudiness with zagg on but it started coming up in corners. Zagg came off with no residue whatsoever and now the otter shield does not stick to screen. Happy with bubble free screen. Otter got this one right!

Received mine on the 16th after a delay, as there was a huge backlog of orders for a while.

If you are using the Otterbox Defender, it is recommended you remove any other screen protectors you may be using. I had some "watermark" issues with the 3G series case, but none at all with the 4 series case.

BTW, does anyone else have an issue with the fit of the rubber at the top front edge of the case? Mine doesn't seem to want to lay down completely flat, but it's a minor point.

I have had mine for about a week and the only problem I am having is there was a noise in the bottom of the case when I would apply pressure. I took the case off and put it back together and the sound has seemed to stop for now

I picked up this case at a local Best Buy. The case is bulk, but at the same time offers a cocoon of safety for your phone. BUT the clip is rediculously large. I'm 6'2 250lbs, and it looks like I have a VCR strapped to my hip when in use.

For now I just keep the phone in my pocket. I don't think I will ever use the clip if I keep this case. I have 30 days to return it, so lets see what happens.

On a side note, I have an iFrog screen protector and I was able to keep it on while using this case. I have zero water marks and the screen is still sensitive to my touch. Maybe the Zagg product is too smooth and is more susceptible to the water marks. Who knows.

My next case to try is the innocase active. But I have to order it, not sure I can find it locally.