What's new

Otterbox Defender blocks flash

fsuny

Reaction score
I have a white iPhone 4, recently bought an Otterbox defender case. I'm not sure what the problem is but anytime I take a picture using flash there's a huge white spot at the top of my picture.

Any clue how to fix this?

Known issue with the white iPhone 4. Even without the case you can have issues. As far as I know there are no permanent fixes.

I've never had the issue before, and I had two different cases before my current.

If it was a white iPhone 4 and you didn't have that issue then you were very lucky. Tons of complaints about that on every site that deals with iPhones.

Yeah, I had seen this mentioned before in a few places in regards to the white version of the iPhone 4... So I got a black one even though I was originally leaning towards the white one.

Modifications to the Defender case should have helped this, I believe. The one I just purchased has a much larger cut out in the front (for the proximity sensor) and much larger in the back.

$61db8l5LPmL._AA300_.jpg

My Defender case has the larger opening as does my wife's and we do not have this issue at all. Mine is a black iPhone, but hers is white.