What's new

Otter Box issues on white iphone 4

mzchyll924

Reaction score
I purchased the white iphone 4 on Sunday, was told that because of the extra layer put on the white phone the regular Otter Boxes did not fit the white phone. Well the Otter Box for the white phone came in..the proximity sensor does not work while in the case. Lots of face dialing going on. I'm taking it back today, for $49.99 there should be no issued.

I hate it when you buy a product for an iPhone or iPod and you look forward to it so much then it doesnt work, it's a real bummer. Anyway you should easily get your money back if you make sure to show the receipt or another proof of purchase.P.s. I am running a YouTube series where i review the best new applications on the app store every wednesday. I just thought you might be interested. Here is the link. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNkYeayUqNM]YouTube - ‪Best Free Apps For iPhone - 25 May 2011‬‏[/ame]

I loved the otterbox on my 3Gs, but i took it off my 4.
The area right above the home button never stays in, so
The whole thong is off. I just dont like it. Its a shame cause
Otherwise its a good case.

WeeklyAppUpdates said:
I hate it when you buy a product for an iPhone or iPod and you look forward to it so much then it doesnt work, it's a real bummer. Anyway you should easily get your money back if you make sure to show the receipt or another proof of purchase.P.s. I am running a YouTube series where i review the best new applications on the app store every wednesday. I just thought you might be interested. Here is the link. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNkYeayUqNM

Thanks for the link. Make surr you put this issue on there.

stampedevxl said:
I loved the otterbox on my 3Gs, but i took it off my 4.
The area right above the home button never stays in, so
The whole thong is off. I just dont like it. Its a shame cause
Otherwise its a good case.

I agree, the Otter Box is a good thing but at least i can get my money back and get a case that works. Maybe with enough complaints the issues will be corrected. 

Update on Otter Boxes and other enclosed cases for the white iphone 4. I just left ATT and was told that right now there is not an enclosed case Otter Box or otherwise that will not affect the proximity sensor. So with all that said I got a Speck Candy Shell hard rubber case.

I hate it when you buy a product for an iPhone or iPod and you look forward to it so much then it doesnt work, it's a real bummer. Anyway you should easily get your money back if you make sure to show the receipt or another proof of purchase.P.s. I am running a YouTube series where i review the best new applications on the app store every wednesday. I just thought you might be interested. Here is the link. YouTube - ‪Best Free Apps For iPhone - 25 May 2011‬‏

Seriously dude, how do they continue to let you post here?