What's new

OS going down to old OS question

SCRWDRVR

Reaction score
I have 5.0.1 on my iPhone now and want to go back to 5.0.0 since I've had a lot of issues since the upgrade. I don't know if I want GSM or CDMA from the down loads. I have a iPhone 4 with Verizon service. Anybody know which I sould use?

I have 5.0.1 on my iPhone now and want to go back to 5.0.0 since I've had a lot of issues since the upgrade. I don't know if I want GSM or CDMA from the down loads. I have a iPhone 4 with Verizon service. Anybody know which I sould use?
Verizon is a CDMA wireless carrier... so the CDMA iOS download is the one you'd want. However, I don't believe Apple is signing 5.0 any longer. Which means there's no way to downgrade.

Ok thanks, maybe I'll try reinstalling 5.0.1 first and see how that does...

SCRWDRVR said:

If you have SHSH blobs+APTicket you can downgrade. But only if you have SHSH blobs. And if you do...,you'll have to run Tiny Umbrella or build a custom ipsw with the blobs built in. I recommend iFaith for that. You can do the same with redsn0w but when I tried it I got in a recovery loop running recovery fix fixed it but I just restore until I don't get in a recovery loop. If I get in a recovery loop.....I'll find a different way to restore.....even if I can fix it.

SCRWDRVR said:

And try to not restore from a backup and setup device as new. That's when problems are bound to happen. Especially restoring from a 4.x backup on iOS 5.