What's new

ONTACTS....Help please

russell simpson79

Reaction score
hi, new to apple. just brought ipad 3, and iphone 4s. always had itunes account. i set up icloud on my ipad and then used my apple id to set up my wifes iphone with my icloud as well as she wanted to share apps. then all her contacts came on my ipad which i do not want. so i turned off her contacts in i cloud but they stil come on my ipad as soon as i turn contacts on in icloud on my pad. i just set my new 4 s up and her contacts have now come on my phone as well even though i deleted her icloud account??? is there a master account for i cloud? that holds any contacts that have been synced? and if so how can i delete my wifes contacts! please help. thanks russell

russell simpson79 said:
hi, new to apple. just brought ipad 3, and iphone 4s. always had itunes account. i set up icloud on my ipad and then used my apple id to set up my wifes iphone with my icloud as well as she wanted to share apps. then all her contacts came on my ipad which i do not want. so i turned off her contacts in i cloud but they stil come on my ipad as soon as i turn contacts on in icloud on my pad. i just set my new 4 s up and her contacts have now come on my phone as well even though i deleted her icloud account??? is there a master account for i cloud? that holds any contacts that have been synced? and if so how can i delete my wifes contacts! please help. thanks russell

You need 2 separate accounts or this will keep happening.

It's just the way iCloud was designed. you cannot have 2 separate list of contacts in one iCloud account.

Have here setup here own iCloud account. Problems solved.

You can still share apps by signing into each others store account using your Apple ID....

Settings> Stores> Tap email address> Tap "Sign Out".

Then tap "Sign In" and you will be able to download any app in which was paid for on the account your just signed into.

Sharing an iCloud account just isnt a good idea. As I said...you cannot use one iCloud account for 2 of everything. Including Contacts.

hi thanks or reply' just relised this. orted now. had to download icloud for windows and go to main icloud control and delete all ontacts from icloud. i dd however back up mine on ipad and then simply turned ontacts back on my ipad once i had deleted from main icloud server. now sorted in a simple manner after much stress lol