What's new

Official "evasi0n" iOS 6.0 - 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak Thread

Nope unfortunately you gotta wipe it and redo it all. I just got done redoing mine and its such a pain.

Calibrate your battery before you make a verdict about the battery life. It takes a few full charge cycles. There has been improvements in battery life according to some accounts. I don't see a difference really in any of my devices on iOS 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

6.1.1 is another 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.1. It's just a hotfix to the Japanese region of maps and European carrier problems. Still exploitable.

So the bug was only for European Carrier??
I have 4S and I think I also got a bad 3G reception after updating to 6.1. At first I thought it was the problem on my carrier network, but then I read about this 6.1.1 update for 4S.

I've had reception problems on my 4S but that's been confirmed as a carrier sided problem since they've been doing maintenance

So the bug was only for European Carrier??
I have 4S and I think I also got a bad 3G reception after updating to 6.1. At first I thought it was the problem on my carrier network, but then I read about this 6.1.1 update for 4S.

I definitely see an improvement in signal with 6.1.1. On 6.1 i had 3 bars at work and now im back to 5 so its definitely not just european.

I've had reception problems on my 4S but that's been confirmed as a carrier sided problem since they've been doing maintenance

I definitely see an improvement in signal with 6.1.1. On 6.1 i had 3 bars at work and now im back to 5 so its definitely not just european.

I did a fresh restore using iTunes to 6.1.1 to be on the safe side yesterday.
I think my reception also getting better than when my 4S is on 6.1 :D

I did a fresh restore using iTunes to 6.1.1 to be on the safe side yesterday.
I think my reception also getting better than when my 4S is on 6.1 :D

One of my Friends who also has a 4S wa on 6.1.0. He is not JB so he just did the OTA update to 6.1.1 .. He sees no difference in signal. I think its a placebo effect as to the better signal with 6.1.1 .... He is actually getting the same signal strength I am (I am on 6.1.0)... When we go into the same spot, I use the code to show the DB next to signal bars and we are the same.....

I can't upgrade to the newer 6.1.1 because I'm jailbroken

All up in ya using Tapatalk 2

One of my Friends who also has a 4S wa on 6.1.0. He is not JB so he just did the OTA update to 6.1.1 .. He sees no difference in signal. I think its a placebo effect as to the better signal with 6.1.1 .... He is actually getting the same signal strength I am (I am on 6.1.0)... When we go into the same spot, I use the code to show the DB next to signal bars and we are the same.....

The update was only for one or two specific carriers in Europe, it does not pertain to any other carriers.

I can't upgrade to the newer 6.1.1 because I'm jailbroken

You can update to 6.1.1 by doing a restore

The update boosted my signal by 2 bars. Yesterday at work in the same spot i had 3 with 6.1. Today i have 5 with 6.1.1.

Me too - cannot for the life of me figure out why. Have you found anything out?

edit: iPhone 5 - exact same place, same time of day etc.

Last edited:
With the release of iOS 6.1.3... DO NOT UPDATE to iOS 6.1.3 if you wish to utilize the evasi0n Jailbreak.