What's new

Not Receiving Text Massages

DonR1942

Reaction score
I switched AT&T and an Applie iPhone 7 Plus. to Straight Talk and a Samsung S4. I disabled iMessages and Facetime in my Apple iPhone. I can send and receive to and from other Android phones but not iPhones. I can send text messages to iPhones but cannot receive them. I would appreciate any and all help. Switching back to the iPhone is not an option as it works with AT&T only.l

Yes I did. I found the solution but it is totally unacceptable. Everyone who has an iPhone has to delete my contact information from their iPhone and reenter it. Yes, that is right. This is absurd but it works. Based on my experience I will never buy another Apple product. I am an Android user for life.

It sounds like you no longer use an Apple phone. If this is the case you won't be able to iMessage as it is an Apple thing that requires messaging from iPhone to iPhone (or iPad, Mac etc.). If your original message streams were through iMessage all your friends will still be trying to send that way. If they just turn off iMessage and send a text then use that stream it should work without having to re-input your contact information

Found out that other users, not me, powering off iPhone does the same as deleting and reentering contact information. This is still a pretty sorry solution to a problem created by Apple. Someone at that organization should have known there would be a competitor and the entire world would not share Apple's point of view. I am now a happy ex-iPhone user. Going to sell the damn thing on ebay for a fraction of what I paid for it one year ago.