What's new

Not possible sending photos in iMessage on WiFi 4s even after ios6.0.1

Have you done a hard reset of the phone yet? I just tried between my wife and I, both 4s, both on wifi without any issues. Sent a picture from both phones. Tried turning wifi off on one phone, still worked with one if wifi and one on 3G.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

iMessage is all done over wifi or cellular data connections, doesn't matter what kind of plan you have. Try resetting network settings and connecting to your wifi or toggling cellular data on and off. To reset network settings: settings, general, reset, reset network settings.

My iphone 4s with ios 6.0.1 works fine in sending pix via imessage...
If you have warranty why dont use it... go to an apple store and get relax... :)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

You say it's not sending pics via iMessage over Wifi, but does work over cellular data. Is this only you're home network or any Wifi you use?

Thomasjtsi said:
You say it's not sending pics via iMessage over Wifi, but does work over cellular data. Is this only you're home network or any Wifi you use?

Yes... Any wifi.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

tortelliniguy said:
Try restoring your phone

Thanks! I trued everything... This seems to be a well known problem....waiting for Apple to fix the bug. The same problem with my ipad2....

Thanks! I trued everything... This seems to be a well known problem....waiting for Apple to fix the bug. The same problem with my ipad2....

Caspi...I've not seen any post reporting about this over at our sister site, iPadforums.net. Nor have I encountered this myself with my own ipad2.

Skimonkey said:
Caspi...I've not seen any post reporting about this over at our sister site, iPadforums.net. Nor have I encountered this myself with my own ipad2.

Lucky you....try google... You'll be amazed how many users have the same problem.

Problem solved: changed the MTU. To 1450. Thanks to Tenda's support. ( my router)

caspi2 said:
Lucky you....try google... You'll be amazed how many users have the same problem.

Problem solved: changed my routers MTU to 1450 thanks to Tenda's support

Thomasjtsi said:
Thought you said this was an issue that took place when you were connected to any Wifi? Not just your own...

Yes, I thought so... Sorry...so happy is the problem is solved. The Tenda support desk was wonderful...I hope it helps others too...