What's new

Not Connecting With Wi-Fi

JameyK

Reaction score
I can't get my phone to connect with my home wi-fi. I'm using a Netgear WNDR 3400. Anyone else having this problem?

No problems connecting but WiFi seems to drop every so often and I have to go back in and reconnect. Somewhat annoying.

No problems connecting but WiFi seems to drop every so often and I have to go back in and reconnect. Somewhat annoying.

Wi-Fi is becoming more and more popular which means to everyone more drops in power. At one time when it first hit the scene Wi-Fi was always full bar. These days your lucky to get a full bar.

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5 using Tapatalk

I had the same problem. I turned off my router, then back on, and it connected fine. Haven't had a problem since.

It's annoying when it's the wifi in my house. Did not have these issues with my Incredible or any other devices connecting. I have two AP's in my house, when I came home tonight I could only connect to one AP, tried to connect to the stronger signal but kept getting error, had to reset the the AP to get it it connected. It's little things like this that drive you nuts.

I'm having a problem with a weak wifi signal to my iPhone only (at home). No problems on my laptop. Unfortunately two things happened almost at once, so I am not sure what the issue might be. I downloaded iOS5 and got a new modem/wireless router from my DSL provider. Any thoughts on this or how I can investigate it with my phone?

I guess I should clarify that whereas before I had a very strong 3 bar signal to my phone two rooms away, I now only have 1-2 bars and it drops altogether sometimes.

I am having the same issue with my iphone 3gs. I can be standing with in 10' of my wifi router and watch it switch over to 3g network and back. I have done hard/soft reboots of the phone (even master reset/network reset) and router (even relocated). I also, went into the wifi router and put my iphone on the access list. But its not just at my home that this is happening. Went to a resturant that has free wifi and watched it connect and drop off.

Call Att tech support, they asked if I have been to a Starbuck/Barne&Noble (att wifi hotspot) and watched the signal. Sure enough it did not drop off of wifi.

Just make me think that there has to be something specific with your home wifi to keep it from dropping.

You can just simply power cycle the router. Or try resetting the network on the device.