What's new

Not all installed apps appear on SETTINGS page... why is that?

Tiskers

Reaction score
I have about 20 apps installed on my iPhone 4, but only 6 of them are listed at the bottom of my SETTINGS page.

Why would that be?

And does that mean that only these 6 are backed up in iCloud?

THANK YOU!

Waldoe, THANK YOU for the reply and the info.

Cydia apps are apps for jailbroken phones, right? My phone is stock, and all my apps are from the App Store.

So, ALL my apps (and any data I have inputted into them) should be safely backed up in iCloud, right? I need to know because my phone needs replaced and I'm a li'l nervous about that!

You can never lose anything you buy from Apple...regardless if it's backed up or not...you can always download again direct from Apple any time.

Last edited:
What about the info added by me into an app... like journal entries, shopping lists, medical info, etc? That's all automatically saved, too? (I have iCloud enabled AND wifi-to-iTunes-on-my-PC also... although admittedly the differences between these is not very clear to me!!!)

Any added info needs to be synced either to iCloud or iTunes... it's always good practice to backup and sync your iPhone to iTunes before contemplating an iPhone exchange...

Thanks!

What is the difference between the iCloud back-up and the i-Tunes back-up??? Do I need to do both?

One saves online ( iCloud backup) and one typically saves to your computer (iTunes backup)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk