What's new

Have never been able to sync apps

caunyd

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have never been able to sync my apps. I have tried ticking and unticking the "automatically install new apps" under the apps tab in iTunes. Under preferences: general: sources, I have made sure that Apps is ticked. When I try to back up the phone, there's a pop up message that says, "there are apps on your phone which are not in your iTunes library. Would you like to back up these apps from your iPhone?" Even though I select, "back up apps," nothing ever backs up.

Under device, in the Apps tab for syncing, on the right side, I see a screen shot of all of the pages and apps exactly as it appears on my phone. But on the left, where the list is, there is nothing in the list.

In the Apps tab under Library, there is absolutely nothing.

What is the problem? My guess: I have never downloaded or bought an app using my computer. I have always downloaded/installed/bought apps using the blue App Store icon on my phone. Could this be why I can't sync apps to the computer?

I have a 4S and the latest iTunes.

Make sure that you've authorized the computer for use with your device. Then make sure that the purchases made on the device matches the Apple ID that you're using with iTunes. Re-do the backuping process and it should be working as right

Willerz. Thanks for the reply. I deauthorized and then reauthorized my iTunes, and that seems to have done it! Thanks a million!

Awesome :) Glad we got that sorted.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk