What's new

Noob with needed guidance

seek

Reaction score
Hello all. Just wanted to say hey and that I wanted to learn as much as the iPhone4 as much as possible before I actually purchase one come time. I have about little under 2 more months left and it's definitely time for a new phone. I currently have the Blackberry Bold running OS 5.0-.822. My top three choices so far are the 1.)iPhone4 2.)Captivate 3.)Blackberry Torch.

When the iPhone4 came out I was really excited but then learned all the problems that other users were having and how Apple is dealing with it was a big turn off. So have they actually fixed the antenna problem? What other things have come up and have they been solved?

Also, I do plan on jailbreaking. I'll eventually find the How To on that on this site but any help now would be awesome.

I'm hoping by the time I can upgrade all these problems will be fixed.

Thanks in advance!
-John

I second the above question. Is now the right time to buy an iphone 4? is there a workaround solution for the problems its having?

The reception issue was really blown way out... It's nowhere near as bad as some make it out (worse in low signal areas). Also, a case or wrap completely solves the issue. There will not be a "fix" or updated model this production year. So in my opinion out of the 3 phones the iPhone is going to be your best bet. The torch is a joke... BB isn't even competing with lower model droids.. So if your planning on buying this year... Yes, now is time to buy. ;)

As has been said antenna issue got a life of its own and was way overdone. Apple's first response was a tad arrogant and dismissive but most people are having no problems. I phone the best choice and you have 30 days to check it out.

The reception issue was really blown way out... It's nowhere near as bad as some make it out (worse in low signal areas). Also, a case or wrap completely solves the issue. There will not be a "fix" or updated model this production year. So in my opinion out of the 3 phones the iPhone is going to be your best bet. The torch is a joke... BB isn't even competing with lower model droids.. So if your planning on buying this year... Yes, now is time to buy. ;)

This. This is what really turned me off about the iPhone4. A case shouldn't be the solution to the whole antenna thing, very unprofessional IMO. But what can ya do.

I havent gotten the chance to mess with the iP4 yet, but I'm at 60% with getting one.

What are your guy's thoughts about the Captivate?(Galaxy S)

Sorry to invade your thread seek but just have one last question.

When comparing the iphone 3gs vs iphone 4, (given the known issues) do you guys still recommend going for the iphone 4 is way better than going for the 3gs? sorry for the noob question

Sorry to invade your thread seek but just have one last question.

When comparing the iphone 3gs vs iphone 4, (given the known issues) do you guys still recommend going for the iphone 4 is way better than going for the 3gs? sorry for the noob question

Yes, if you are going to spend money spend it on the 4. If not for anything else the screen is sooo much better!

This. This is what really turned me off about the iPhone4. A case shouldn't be the solution to the whole antenna thing, very unprofessional IMO. But what can ya do.

I havent gotten the chance to mess with the iP4 yet, but I'm at 60% with getting one.

What are your guy's thoughts about the Captivate?(Galaxy S)

The galaxy is cool... It has an amazing screen but I think you still miss out on alot of features avalible on the iPhone.