What's new

Noob Iphone 4s camera questions

claypics

Reaction score
Ok, this is my first iphone 4s smartphone so I have some questions if you can please help me with.

I see all these pictures of other peoples so called "untouched" iphone 4s pics online and they all look way better than mine. I am using camera + app, plenty of light and on a table for samples so no movement, but they still don't look as crisp as others. The pictures and videos on the iphone look awesome, but once they are on the computer they look very blurry or grainy. I am guessing they are somehow getting compressed on transfer even though some are not and still look blurry. Am I doing something wrong when I email the pictures I select original size and when I email the video it doesn't give me that option. Please help. Thanks,

Last edited:
I haven't tried that with the video so I'll see how that goes. Now as far as the pictures I have them sent to the could and then pull them on my pc. Do you know if the pictures are compressed anyway when you send them to the pc via the cloud?

If you're sure of no movement (ie: pressing the button too hard) then I'd call apple. There could be something wrong with the optics.

Hi there... try to prevent any movement when taking the photo, ... the best way is to not use the volume up button as this causes a slight movement when the shutter closes... the same is said when touching the capture button on the the screen,.... instead place your finger on the touch button on the screen and hold it there, when you are ready to take the shot. simply lift your finger off the screen and the shutter will close..... if you don't want to take the shot once you have your finger holding down, simply swipe your finger to the left into the picture area then lift it off and it won't take the photo.... hope this helps.

Ben

I have this same problem. As with the OP, the pictures appear clear and crisp when viewed on the iPhone itself. It's not a matter of movement or amount of light. Like I said, on the phone itself the pics look awesome. But when I transfer them to my PC via cable, they become blurry. I'm doing a simple transfer via Windows Explorer.

Any ideas why they become blurry once copied to the computer?