What's new

Nokia release Windiws Smart Phone - 2 little 2 Late?

crowd pleaser

Reaction score
Watching news recordings of the Nokia Launch of their windows N8 smart phones, looking at the large and blocky icons I was not overly impressed.

Before i go on i'm no blind Apple fanzine, tbh i disliked their earlier computer offerings treating a power chord as an optional and expensive extra, just smacked of disrespect to the customer at the time.

my history is

Panasonic satchel ( rubbish battery life)
Motorola 7200 (I quite liked it but basic)
Nokia 3310 (bullet proof and the phone that made Nokia).
Nokia 7110 slid (Nokia takes a dive, stupid slid cover that came off in your pocket)
Treo Symbian smart phone (impossible to get it to work with typing ot spreadsheets unless you paid for expensive programs)
MDA Compact (kept freezing and often unable make it switch on)
Mio A701 (windows 5 and 1st handset to have sat nav receiver built in).
MDA Touch Diamond x 2 (freezing and calls did not make phone ring for 1st 10 seconds - if at all, very quite ringer, if running satnav while powered, it got very hot).

Nokia seemed to suffer less but still locked up, and OVI maps would not work, annoying as it was supposed to be the flagship handset with SatNav 😡

Much deliberation over should i go back to Windows, try Android or go Apple? Fearing Android likely to be more like glitchy windows, and i simply did not like the iPhone 3GS shape, finally i see the light when played with an iphone 4, a thing of shear if expensive beauty to behold.

So I ponder, a having been literally through the ringer over different Wonder handsets that proved dud's in real life,

1) Has Nokia left it to late?
2) Have Nokia jumped from the pan into the fire with the less favoured than Android Windows platform?
3) Will only desperate Apple haters and a few less savvy now buy Nokia product?

Be interesting to watch in the run up to xmas I think 😊