What's new

Apple Overtakes Nokia as the World’s Largest Phone Vendor

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
white_iphone_4_removed.JPG

Reuters reports today that Apple’s revenue figures from January to March this year have seen the company finally overtake Nokia as the world’s biggest phone vendor.

“With strong volumes and high wholesale prices, the PC vendor has successfully captured revenue leadership of the total handset market in less than four years,” said analyst Alex Spektor from research firm Strategy Analytics.

Reuters adds that Apple’s revenues from iPhone sales soared to $11.9 billion in the last quarter, whereas Nokia’s revenues fell to $9.4 billion. Commenting on the story, AppleInsider notes that Nokia’s revenue continues to fall as Apple’s continues to rise, as yesterday's Q2 figures show. In a last-ditch bid to halt this slide, Nokia has finally abandoned its Symbian platform, which was getting completely left behind by iOS and Android, and will be switching to Microsoft’s Windows Phone from next year. Whether or not this move will prove to be way too late to help Nokia regain its market lead from Apple, only time will tell.

Source: Apple phone revenues beat Nokia: Strategy Analytics | Reuters, AppleInsider | Apple tops Nokia to become world's largest handset maker by revenue

i remember a time where nokia used to be the best and i would buy nothing but nokia and when i would buy a new phone it would be a nokia with out thinking about it...

nokia had their time and their phones are not very good.. well their recent ones might be ok i stopped buying them after the n97

It does not surprise me. I guess all other phone brands will overtake Nokia. I used to be Nokia believer and user but they have lost me with their OS shambles. What was it: Symbian, Maemo, Meegoo, Symbian again, announcing going with Win 7, oops Symbian again. Nokia is like a chook that has lost its head, how can any Nokia user follow them?

It does not surprise me. I guess all other phone brands will overtake Nokia. I used to be Nokia believer and user but they have lost me with their OS shambles. What was it: Symbian, Maemo, Meegoo, Symbian again, announcing going with Win 7, oops Symbian again. Nokia is like a chook that has lost its head, how can any Nokia user follow them?

yes including that new gaming sony.. i was impressed with it its much thinner then i thought it would be

Nokia used to be the best phones out there and they had their time now its the time of the iphone/windows phones and similar smart phones.. nokia just cant make a good smart phone worth buying