What's new

no sounds through headphones at all???

johnsbegood

Reaction score
hi guys, new to forum. have an issue with my iphone 4 32gb. all of a sudden i have no sound from my headphones. tried fitting a new headphone jack and still no sound. tried a restore and restore from back up,, still no sound. replaced the headphone jack with another new headphone flex, still no sound. i have tried you tube ap, ipod, but still nothing. the phone knows when the headphone jack is installed as when you adjust the volume it comes up with the volume display with headphones written above. the volume and silence button work fine....lost as to what else it could be??
thanks
Paul

If possible, clean out the jack. If contacts aren't made, no sound will come out. Does the device have sound without the headphones?

cheers willerz2. the whole port is brand new and spotless. if i play music in ipod or you tube ap with out headphones then the speaker works at the bottom of the phone so the phone does make sound, just not through the headphones. i'm thinking something may have gone on the board?!

It may be possible that it's a hardware issue. It's really hard to gauge hardware issues without taking it apart. If your device is under warranty, you can get it replaced. If not, you can bring it to an Apple store and have them look a it (it's free but it takes some time) and run a diagnostics test on it to see what's wrong with it so that you can consider your next course of action from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro