What's new

'No Service' Tech help needed!

Steve1968

Reaction score
Okay....I bought a bricked iphone 3gs 16gig and I have managed to restore it to ios 4.1 with 6.15 baseband. I have unlocked and installed ultrasnow to unlock. The phone is showing the carrier when the sim is installed (Vodaphone uk) but whatever I do I cant seem to get any service. Have tried sim in/out and Airoplane mode off/on but still no joy. Have also tried Orange sim and still the same. Anyone have a solution for this please?

Steve1968 said:
Okay....I bought a bricked iphone 3gs 16gig and I have managed to restore it to ios 4.1 with 6.15 baseband. I have unlocked and installed ultrasnow to unlock. The phone is showing the carrier when the sim is installed (Vodaphone uk) but whatever I do I cant seem to get any service. Have tried sim in/out and Airoplane mode off/on but still no joy. Have also tried Orange sim and still the same. Anyone have a solution for this please?

why buy a bricked phone??

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

To try and repair and re-sell...something to do in my spare time as work quiet this time of year for me!

Steve1968 said:
To try and repair and re-sell...something to do in my spare time as work quiet this time of year for me!

Read somewhere last week on here about phone imei code that can be used for finding networks with an imei number

Have called Vodafone today and found that after all that the phone is blacklisted.....Grrrrrr

Steve1968 said:
Have called Vodafone today and found that after all that the phone is blacklisted.....Grrrrrr

Oops:(:( Not good

So much for making a few extra quid! To be perfectly honest all carriers should blacklist phones once stolen/bricked/ etc. I'd hate to find my phone has been reused somewhere else because someone knows ways around it!

iHolophyte