What's new

no ringing, no text alert, and a few games went silent or vanished from my iphone4

teleconfidence

Reaction score
last week my iphone wigged out. it displayed a black screen with a picture of an ipod charge cord, signifying that i need to plug it into my computer, which i did. id never seen or heard of this before. it took about 40 min for it to say it finished doing whatever it did, or so i thought. when i unplugged it, the screen went back to the odd charge cord icon and when i plugged it back into my computer, it again said i would have to wait about 40 min. so i waited again. when my phone was ready, it had gone back to the way i had it set up a few months ago, but with additonal quirk.
• it wont ring when im called or alert me when im texted, but it vibrates.
• theres no sound on words and scramble w/friends, and zombie gunship.
• draw something vanished.
• 3 or 4 beats i made on an app called beatpad vanished:(

i think thats everything. im sick of missing EVERY call and text. PLEASE HELP ME!!

last week my iphone wigged out. it displayed a black screen with a picture of an ipod charge cord, signifying that i need to plug it into my computer, which i did. id never seen or heard of this before. it took about 40 min for it to say it finished doing whatever it did, or so i thought. when i unplugged it, the screen went back to the odd charge cord icon and when i plugged it back into my computer, it again said i would have to wait about 40 min. so i waited again. when my phone was ready, it had gone back to the way i had it set up a few months ago, but with additonal quirk.
• it wont ring when im called or alert me when im texted, but it vibrates.
• theres no sound on words and scramble w/friends, and zombie gunship.
• draw something vanished.
• 3 or 4 beats i made on an app called beatpad vanished:(

i think thats everything. im sick of missing EVERY call and text. PLEASE HELP ME!!
you say it won't ring when you are called or texted,i know this sounds a bit obvious but is your mute button set to off?

Honestly I would just restore the phone stock if it has those kinda of bugs. Even I'd the sounds started working again, I would still restore. Have never heard of an iPhone just going into recovery mode by itself.

Another problem is when you restored, you should not have restored from a backup. I would restore and setup as new device...not from an iCloud or iTunes backup. Sync apps, music, tones, etc...then configure your settings.

teleconfidence said:
i want to say no but just to be sure, where is the mute button?

It's on the side of the phone rite above the volume buttons....

recovery mode, i remember it saying that now. thanks. it confused the dickens out of me. can you explain recovery mode to me?

teleconfidence said:
recovery mode, i remember it saying that now. thanks. it confused the dickens out of me. can you explain recovery mode to me?

Recovery mode is when your phone displays the iTunes logo with a USB cord.

DFU mode is a black screen. Looks like the device is off.

iTunes recognizes moth modes as "recovery mode" but they are not "exactly" the same.