What's new

No Phone PIN Option & Vibration Only Mode?

Dave_2002

Reaction score
Hi people, i know there is an option for a sim pin but is there a way i can use a phone pin so everytime i switch my iphone on it asks me for a pin before proceeding? The sim pin is fine but you can still browse photos/mail if the phone were stolen for example.

Secondly, is there a vibration only mode on the caller ringtone. I have that option for messages but not on caller, i have to turn the vol down to the lowest but it still plays quietly when someone calls along with vibration.

Im quite a newbie so there maybe a straightforward answer, thank you for looking at my question and hopefully you will have the answers!

Go to Settings/Phone, then scroll down to SIM PIN. It will ask you for the original PIN. I think it's 1111 but if you only have 3 tries and you'll need to enter the PUK code. You can actually get the PUK code online by logging to your wireless.att.net account.

For vibrate only, go to Settings/Sounds, then turn on vibrate under silent. Put your phone on mute (flip that switch on the upper left side).

Thanks for the quick reply! I've now set my phone for vibrate only. Regarding the sim pin, activating this will still make people see my files/messages if they were to switch my phone on? I'm hoping after a phone pin if possible to prevent anyone switching my phone on and accessing it. Thanks again people!

Sounds like you just need to set the pin lock for the phone. It's settings>general>passcode lock. That will protect all your data. The sim pin will only stop calls since no pictures/numbers are saved to it.

Thank you dannyboy! Both questions answered, a very happy customer!