What's new

No iPhone4 yet

George Lewis

Reaction score
I have a AT&T cell phone, but not the iPhone4 yet. I waited until the "rush" was over and now will wait until the antenna problem is fixed...or perhaps get a case. Everyone seems to like their "4" and I am sure I will to.

I see reference to "jailbreak". What is this?

I will be 78 next month, am an amateur radio operator and still ride my motorcycle with my old buddies on eat runs each Saturday. Retired from the USAF after 29 years and Sony Corp. after thirteen. So busy now I don't know how I had time to go to work....

Well, if i was you i would buy it now, if it does get recalled (wont it will take apple 1.5billion dollars) you will get a newer version on the front of the list pretty much.. and if you do buy a case, buy the griffin reveal or Belkin grip, with ZAGG invisible shield (Screen protection)

Jailbreaking is a process that allows iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch users to run third-party unsigned code on their devices by unlocking the operating system and allowing the user root access. Once jailbroken, iPhone users are able to download many extensions and themes previously unavailable through the App Store via unofficial installers such as Cydia and Rock your iPhone. A jailbroken iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch is still able to use the App Store and iTunes. -From Wikipedia iOS jailbreaking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Click on link to get all of the information

And Happy Early Birthday, Looks like your having a amazing life, thank you for serving in the Air Force and Sony corp, i Salute You Sir.

My father is a retired Marine and I have the upmost respect for anyone that is or has served in the military. my God bless u and I hope u have many more years left!

Thanks to all for your kind words. I really enjoyed my AF life. 80% good, 20% bad (remote tours away from family). Working for Sony was a hoot...I had a Japanese boss and learned a great deal on how they think and operate business. (I only learned 15% of how they think, ya never learn much more than that....ha ha)

They worked our backsides off (theirs too) but paid well and treated me well.....it was very interesting for 13 years...

I wonder what Apple will say today....

Ordered my iPhone4 today. AT&T store said ten days to two weeks. And Away We Go......

Ordered my iPhone4 today. AT&T store said ten days to two weeks. And Away We Go......

That's great. If you have AT&T and good signal at home and work, you won't have to worry about the antenna problem. And if you order your phone and a free case, you don't need to worry about that either.

I live 30 miles northwest of San Antonio, TX. For a number of years it was the AT&T headquarters with a number of towers and high building antennas. (They have since moved to Dallas) We have very good coverage and I have a tower about one mile from the house. I have full bars on my "other" AT&T phone and am seldom out of cell range while moving around the area. West Texas has some spotty coverage, but I guess that is to be expected.

They said a free case comes with the iPhone4 now. I should be in good shape.

Last edited: