What's new

No iCloud Photo Sharing

Contsi

Reaction score
Hello -
After updating my iPhone 5c to IOS 8, I no longer have the "iCloud Photo Sharing" under Settings> Photos & Camera or under > iCloud.
Also, the sharing icon is there on the bottom of the Photo App but disappears as soon as I log into iCloud. Can anyone help?
Thank you

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Contsi!

If you enabled iCloud Photo Library (Beta), Photo Sharing disappears. To get sharing back, disable Photo Library (Beta).

Last edited:
Welcome to iPhoneForums, Contsi!

If you enabled iCloud Photo Library (Beta), Photo Sharing disappears. To get sharing back, disable Photo Library (Beta).
Thanks, I did enable it for a short period and disabled. Do I have to leave it enabled for some lenght of time.

You're welcome.
If you need Photo Sharing again, you know where to find it. :)

You're welcome.
You're welcome.
I guess I didn't explain when I said I had enabled iCloud Photo Library (Beta) for a short period and then disabled it. I did again last night but I still can't find iCloud Photo Sharing anywhere in Settings so I can't enable it. I also don't have the Photo option under iCloud.
I have no idea how to get these options to show up in Settings.

You should find the same settings in Photos & Camera, if you can't find them in iCloud.

You should find the same settings in Photos & Camera, if you can't find them in iCloud.
See screenshots; I don't have the photo option in iCloud and I don't have the iCloud Photo Sharing in Camera & Photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0805.PNG
    IMG_0805.PNG
    85.6 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_0806.PNG
    IMG_0806.PNG
    56 KB · Views: 527
You can't use PhotoStream either.

Try resetting your iPhone. This might remove some glitches, but it won't delete data or change settings.
To reset, press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own.

If Photos doesn't reappear, go to Settings - General - Reset and select "Reset all Settings". All your settings will be reverted to default, so you'll have to look at the Settings app and enable/disable everything the way you prefer it.

Another possibility would be to sign out of your iCloud account and then sign in again. Hopefully this will bring back Photos in iCloud.

You can't use PhotoStream either.

Try resetting your iPhone. This might remove some glitches, but it won't delete data or change settings.
To reset, press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own.

If Photos doesn't reappear, go to Settings - General - Reset and select "Reset all Settings". All your settings will be reverted to default, so you'll have to look at the Settings app and enable/disable everything the way you prefer it.

Another possibility would be to sign out of your iCloud account and then sign in again. Hopefully this will bring back Photos in iCloud.

I do appreciate all your help; did the reset all, log off log in and still no go.
Strange, not sure where else to go with this.
Thanks again

It's possible that the iOS on your iPhone has been corrupted in some manner. Since you've tried all the other possible solutions, the final possibility is a restore, which will erase your iPhone and reinstall the latest iOS version. Backup your iPhone before starting and use the backup to set up your phone after the restore has finished.

If your original update to iOS 8 was done OTA, use iTunes this time around.

Last edited:
I do appreciate all your help; did the reset all, log off log in and still no go.
Strange, not sure where else to go with this.
Thanks again
Here is something interesting - I went to set the backgroung photo after the phone was reset; I'm able to see the photos that I shared and those that were share with me by someone else, but I cannot see them with the photo App as the icon is not there.

Here is something interesting - I went to set the backgroung photo after the phone was reset; I'm able to see the photos that I shared and those that were share with me by someone else, but I cannot see them with the photo App as the icon is not there.
Just did a backup, looks like I'll be doing a factoty reset and restore from backup.
From a fresh factory reset before restore, should I see the Photo option in iCloud and the iCloud Photo Sharing in Photos & Camera? Looks like I'll have to drag my apps back manually in iTunes, and transfer any photo that I want bacck on the phone. Any gotch to look for?

Just did a backup, looks like I'll be doing a factoty reset and restore from backup.
From a fresh factory reset before restore, should I see the Photo option in iCloud and the iCloud Photo Sharing in Photos & Camera? Looks like I'll have to drag my apps back manually in iTunes, and transfer any photo that I want bacck on the phone. Any gotch to look for?
You shouldn't have to drag anything manually back to your iPhone after the restore through iTunes, that's what the backup is for. After the restore you'll be asked if you want to set up your iPhone as a new phone or from the backup you made. Choose the backup and everything that was on your phone when you made the backup will be put back on your iPhone.

I did the reset to factory default; when the phone came back online I select to restore from backup.
Still no icloud photo sharing option. Now when I launch the photo app I see the sharing icon at the bottom (see screenshot) I tap and am asked to start sharing, I tap and it takes me to iCloud login,
as soon as I log in the sharing icon disappears from the app (see screenshot). Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0823.PNG
    IMG_0823.PNG
    25.3 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_0833.PNG
    IMG_0833.PNG
    80.7 KB · Views: 544