What's new

No FaceTime ON/Off Slider

odali9mm

Reaction score
Hi I am from the Dominican Republic and I just switched from a BB 8520 to JailBroken iphone 4.

Now I have a issue with my phone and I came to this page because it seems to be the best place to look for help on my JailBroken iphone 4

Here is the thing, I bought this IPhone and initially it came with ISO 4.1 or 4.0.1 don't recall now (sorry for that) then I saw that there was this update for 4.2.1 and I was able to jailbreak it with Sn0wbreeze 2.2 and then unlocked it with ultraSnow.

The thing is that after I made this update the facetime slider is no longer in Settings> Phone. I tried restoring the firmware, completing erasing the phone, I just tried FaceTimeHactivator from IphoneIslam, I also tried putting the phone in save mode as a guy posted in a forum but nothing so far.

I am Wishing that you have heard about this issue before and provide me with a fix for this.

Perhaps I'm asking for too much in my first day here....PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I got it to work... I found this infomation:

First of all check if your iPhone is recognizing your carrier or not? Go to Settings>General>About> and check the Carrier. If you bought your iPhone from US then after unlocking with ultrasn0w it might be showing AT&T carrier bundle. Follow the simple steps below to fix the problem.

Step 1. Run Cydia app go to sources and add this source: cydia.pushfix.info

Step 2. Now go to search and type Carrier Reset fix. Select Carrie Reset fix and install it.

Step 3. Eject the SIM when installation completes and re-insert it.

Step 4. Now head over to Settings>General>About> hope you will see the correct carrier bundle.

Step 5. Enjoy your cellular data.

* If FaceTime was ON and waiting for activation, you’ll probably receive a pop-up saying ‘hey I’m about to send this international message’ . If not, go to Settings>Phone> and turn FaceTime ON. In a few seconds it will be activated.
* If the FaceTime ON/OFF slider is not there, installing this patch will bring it back. If not, then you have to insert the original activation SIM ( i.e. AT&T SIM ), sync your iPhone with iTunes, and reboot it. Now the slider should be back on, and you can insert the SIM you want.

I also included in my phone settings some IPhone settings from the carrier that where not showing before....