What's new

no display on iphone 4 ?

iLiam

Reaction score
my iphone 4 works, i still answer calls but its just got no display, its black.

if i press the lock/unlock button i see a slight flicker of the backlight.

i tried home/power button to reset
i tried restore via itunes

is my lcd at fault?

or is it my main board?

also my iphone gets really hot in the top right corner?

my iphone 4 works, i still answer calls but its just got no display, its black.

if i press the lock/unlock button i see a slight flicker of the backlight.

i tried home/power button to reset
i tried restore via itunes

is my lcd at fault?

or is it my main board?

also my iphone gets really hot in the top right corner?
Can you give me detail about your phone. 2nd hand? dropped? etc the more etail the more of a chance you have of finding a solution

never dropped, had it from new. its in excellent condition.

Have you ever jailbroken it by any chance? And if so do you have any saved blobs?

hello, yes it has been jailbroken

what are blobs? :/

iLiam said:

If your phone is new restore the device and take it to apple. They'll replace it for you

iLiam said:

If your phone is new restore the device and take it to apple. They'll replace it for you

Yeah Apple will replace this no problem. As long as there are no visible signs of the phone being open or water damage. Simply say it just went black one day and they will give you a new one.

the phone is 14 months old

will they still replace it?

iLiam said:
the phone is 14 months old

will they still replace it?

Now that you said that I don't know...2 months out of warranty. If youre nice enough they might help you

Big Problem! The fact that it gets hot in one area leads me to ask: how is your battery life? If poor, you may have encountered a "short" in one area of the phone's physical connections, while not affecting your calling capabilities.

Again, tell us about your battery life.....

hello, the battery is fine

lasts all day and night.

Sorry been busy. Well i don't think it be the board but then again faults can occur randomly with technology. Apple do replace iPhones if its classed as a fault with their tech and not any damage done by you? but they shall charge you for the replacement handset or simply go into an Apple store but first making an appointment and i have known of some people to get a replacement free of charge. I was thinking it may be the iOS and Blobs are like the saved SHSH for each iOS. Somewhat like when you save youir progress in a game? It's a bit difficult to diagnose it without actually having the handset.