What's new

No commitment Iphone 4

xstaedtler

Reaction score
Hello, my name is JoĆ£o and I am Portuguese.
I'm going to travel to USA and I would like to offer one Iphone to my nephew that lives there.
Can I buy a no commitment Iphone as gift without having to present any information that proves that I live on USA or other information that foreign people doesn't have? I mean... Can a foreign guy buy o no commitment Iphone 4?
If I buy it as gift, my nephew can activate the Iphone and choose the Voice/Data plan ate home?
Thanks for all

You can't here in the US unless you are using it with AT&T. Best bet would be buy it off eBay unlocked.

It is better to buy unlock phone from Europe and give it to him then he can go with any company. I bought 3 from Vienna when I was on vacation they were all unlocked and work great here. I am not using AT&T.

He's not in the UK and apple will only ship to the UK..... So unless you have a friend you trust that's not going to be a great option.....

I just want to know if I can buy, not if I can use it, unlock it, or something else.
I want to buy one and give it to my nephew, he will use it with AT&T

No, it must be associated with an account... Even if you pay full price if your buying from apple/AT&T in the US.

I just want to know if I can buy, not if I can use it, unlock it, or something else.
I want to buy one and give it to my nephew, he will use it with AT&T

Hi , maybe you should thank people try to help you and give you suggestion

and at least maybe introduce your self , as here is not Apple service center .. right ??

No, it must be associated with an account... Even if you pay full price if your buying from apple/AT&T in the US.

Online Apple Store:

"For those who are not eligible for an early upgrade or who wish to buy iPhone as a gift, the prices are $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB)."

How can you possible associate with an account if you are buying an Iphone as gift?

Online Apple Store:

"For those who are not eligible for an early upgrade or who wish to buy iPhone as a gift, the prices are $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB)."

How can you possible associate with an account if you are buying an Iphone as gift?

Do you have a link? I haven't seen a gift option but that sounds like what he is looking for. If you are going to pay $699 for a locked phone.... Why not buy unlocked from eBay?