What's new

No baseband after a restore

wavey72

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im praying that someone will be able to help, spent about 30 hours trying to get my iphone to work again.

I have a iphone 4 and was using ios4.1. I had saved my SHSH with tinyumbrella.

My phone was jailbroken with greenposion

I tried to do an upgrade through itunes to 4.2 but something went wrong and my phone would only have a white screen.

I then tried to do a restore back to 4.1

I have managed to do a restore back to 4.1 from a downloaded apple ipsw but when i turn the phone on i only get the usb/itunes logo and a message saying a restore is needed.

On itunes it says that there is no SIM in the device.

I read somewhere that i should re-jailbreak the phone. I did this with RedSn0w 0.9.6rc7 and the phone will boot to a clean install, trouble now is that i cant make any calls.

In the settings section I have no phone number or basband.
Using f0recast V1.2 i get an error starindex cannot be larger than length of string. Parameter name :starIndex
but f0recast gives me a serial number and model number but baseband and bootloader are blank.

Jailbreaking again with greenpoison did not work.

I have 4.1, 4.2.1 and a custom 4.1 from snowbreeze with me (i cant do a factory restore from itunes as im on a satilite internet connection).

Does anyone have any ideas as im at my wits ends!

Thanks in advance

I doubt it as it was working upto that point, and i have not done anything to it.

I might be able to try another SIM card from the same carrier but it wont be from an iphone (ive heard they are different sizes)

EDIT: yep they are different sizes so I dont think i will be able to try another one (im on a ship for the next month)

thanks

Last edited:
I have managed to do a restore back to 4.1 from a downloaded apple ipsw but when i turn the phone on i only get the usb/itunes logo and a message saying a restore is needed.

On itunes it says that there is no SIM in the device.

I read somewhere that i should re-jailbreak the phone. I did this with RedSn0w 0.9.6rc7 and the phone will boot to a clean install, trouble now is that i cant make any calls.

How did you manage to jailbreak 4.1 with redsnow. I think this could be the case of your current problem, unless I've misunderstood?

Can you not shift click restore to your custom 4.1 file in iTunes using your SHSH's then jailbreak with greenpoison...?

Try restoring to 4.2.1 again. If it still doesn't work then you may need to bring it to the Apple store.

Problem FIXED!!!!!!

Tried to do another restore with 4.2 but kept on getting error 10, tried on another persons computer (Toshiba Laptop) with the same version of itunes and it worked.

Thanks for all the tips people (how did we get things fixed before forums)

One happy chappy