What's new

Iphone not being able to restore

davron1991

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Let me explain the issue. I had iphone 3gs on 4.1 and today I tried to update my phone to ios 5.1.1 using redsn0w, and customized the IPSW preserving the baseband. But when the window asked me whether it is new or old bootrom, I chose the old, and itunes restored my phone and it was working with ios 5.1.1, installed cydia with tethered jailbreak. Suddenly, it turned off and now it is yellow screen. nothing is helping. Actually later I realized that my phone was new bootrom, where i chose the old one when asked me redsn0w. I am trying to restore it to latest ios 6, or downgrade to 4.1 but nothing is helping. Please help me.

Not sure if it'll help, but there's a string of solutions that say to leave it charged in for a bit and it should boot back up. Or, if you haven't already, try hard resetting it by holding the sleep and home buttons together while the iPhone is unplugged. Boot it back up and see if the yellow screen is still there. If so, power it off again while unplugged, hold the home button and plug in your iPhone into recovery, DFU it, and do a restore again using the same method (RedSn0w)

Just plug(USB cable into power outlet/wall charger) it in for as long as it needs until screen returns...

Thank you guys for replies. But, I did them all. I tried to leave it on charger for a day.. nothing helped.. I tried to power it off, on again, hard restore.. the same thing.. when I try to restore it again , it is giving different errors every time,... I tried update to 6.0.1, downgrade to 4.3.3. or 4.1 ... the same ***Moderation Notice: Removed External Link Per Forum Rules!*** ... when I try to update, in itunes the process is going.. iphone is veified.. but WAITING FOR IPHONE is stuck for like 30 mins and then errror... for downgrading.. quickly it is giving 3194 or 28 or other errors... as you can see i cant neither update or downgrade... when i try to rejailbreak or just boot it, the process is going, the redsn0w is saying that the rest of it will do the phone itself.. but the screen is going on with yellow and that s it.. nothing more... I am doing everything but nothing is helping.. :((((

Last edited by a moderator:
How can I restore it (update from 5.1.1 or downgrade to lower versions) without any errors... everytime it is not being able to do..

1) I edited post #4 due to it containing obscene language. Please review our Forum Rules (linked in my signature) and refrain from using obscene and/or objectionable language in our Forum.

2) In order to restore your 3GS to any iOS version other than iOS 6.0.1 you'll need SHSH blobs for that particular iOS version. Two ways to have SHSH's.... 1) Saved manually using TinyUmbrella while that particular iOS version was being signed. 2) Your iPhone was Jailbroke and Cydia was opened at least once while that particular iOS version was being signed. So, let's say you want to update to iOS 5.1.1. If you did not save SHSH's for 5.1.1 while it was being signed via TinyUmbrella or you were not Jailbroken while 5.1.1 was being signed. Being able to restore to 5.1.1 is impossible.

Thank you... I am not really good at these shsh blobs... so, how can I know that I saved and how can I save these shsh blobs.. are there any ready shsh blobs in internet I can download? For example, I have been using only 4.1 so long time and now I am in broken version of 5.1.1 which is installed wrongly with old bootrom. Please help.. thanks

Thank you... I am not really good at these shsh blobs... so, how can I know that I saved and how can I save these shsh blobs.. are there any ready shsh blobs in internet I can download? For example, I have been using only 4.1 so long time and now I am in broken version of 5.1.1 which is installed wrongly with old bootrom. Please help.. thanks
Unfortunately, SHSH's cannot be found online. As they are device and iOS version specific. If you, personally, have never saved SHSH's using TinyUmbrella... you won't have them saved locally. So, your only option is if you were Jailbroken and running Cydia while the iOS version you'd like to restore to was being signed. Download TinyUmbrella here... http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/ and run it to see what SHSH's you have available. Also, this thread... http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i.../shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions-19986/ will provide you will quite a bit of information regarding SHSH Blobs.

Last edited: