What's new

Newstand Icon Help

ranger101

Reaction score
I was wondering why I can,t put the newstand icon in a sub folder or anyplace else fr that matters. I have moved all the factory apps I don,t use in other app folders but the newstand one won,t go. Does anybody know how to move it??. Thanks

iJeff

Reaction score
You cant as far as i know because it is an Apple app that stays on the spring board.

OP
ranger101

ranger101

Reaction score
I know it can,t be removed, But I can put other factory apps inside one another. But newstand won,t go inside another like the rest. ( it,s the only one)

Darkstar2007

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know it can,t be removed, But I can put other factory apps inside one another. But newstand won,t go inside another like the rest. ( it,s the only one)

You can't hide newsstand in a folder because apple considers newsstand to be its own folder.
The only way you can hide newsstand, is to jailbreak.
There was also a firmware that had a glitch to we're you could hide newsstand. I think it was iOS 5.0

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just dump it on the last page of the home screen, and then remember never to go there.

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
There's a trick you can do to get the Newstand app to drop into a folder. You'll need to YouTube search and watch some videos on it... because it requires precise timing to get it right. Otherwise, if your Jailbroken, there are a few tweaks that will simply hide the icon from showing up on your springboard. I use NoNewsIsGoodNews.

Darkstar2007

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a trick you can do to get the Newstand app to drop into a folder. You'll need to YouTube search and watch some videos on it... because it requires precise timing to get it right. Otherwise, if your Jailbroken, there are a few tweaks that will simply hide the icon from showing up on your springboard. I use NoNewsIsGoodNews.

Pretty sure they fixed that glitch in the newer firmware's. Like 5.0.1, 5.1, 5.1.1.

Could be mistaken though. :p

Sir

Reaction score
I get it on iOS 5.1.1 with an easy trick without jailbreak. Soon i will show how in my youtube's chanel.

[Moderator edit: Removed link to personal YouTube channel. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions