What's new

newby! clueless and may have been ripped off :(

Bumble

Reaction score
hello fellow Apple users

well here is my quandry and TIA for your responses

I bought a phone 3Gs off ebay (risky i know) and it stated unlocked....i put my 3 sim in and voila it worked yay! so i decided to change networks to Giff Gaff and on friday i put my new sim in and no service? so i presumed it was the porting happening and it was my downtime in usage....but 7 hours later still no service to i put it on airplane mode and then back again and sim failure :( i tried the sim in another unlocked phone and it worked! so now i was drawn to the phone not being unlocked rarr!

today i went and got a 3 sim and put it in and same scenario invvalid sim! bloke in shop says poss that the phone was jailbroken and since i have messed with the network blah blah that it has reset it or something....does anyone think this cud be the case? i have opened an ebay case and i am so gutted as i love my phone!

would itunes not have picked up the jailbreak?

TIA x

i am so sorry i am going to drive you to distraction but how do i find out what firmware and how do i do a hard reset?

To perform a hard reset you are going to press and hold the power and home buttons at the smae time until the phone reboots. It has done the trick in the past for me. to find the other information i was asking for, go to settings, general about and scroll down until you see Version and also need the modem firmware. I assume you already have ultrasn0w installed. Also, the 3rd 4th and 5th numbers of your serial number. If all else fails, I imagine you will have to restore to factory settings and jailbreak again.

ah i c many thanks i have done a hard reset and no joy

well i dont want the phone to be jailbroken ideally, the version is 5.1.1(9B206) modem firmware is 05.16.05, dont know what ultrasn0w is (sorry)

Well otherthan a restore and jailbreak I am out of ideas. If you change your mind about the jailbreak and the 3rd 4th and 5th number on your serial number are less than 135 then you can unlock the phone after a jailbreak. And ultrasn0w is basically the tool that unlocks the phone it can be found in Cydia after the jailbreak

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net