What's new

New user - where's my ringtone gone?

Googley

Reaction score
Hi all, well technology has finally arrived in my house and hubby has an i4 sitting here for 3 weeks waiting for ME to set it up for him. Well managed to do some things - can ring in and out BUT the phone will only vibrate when there is an incoming call. I have changed all the settings to vibrate OFF and changed the ringtones (standard issues only so far) and even done a factory reset BUT IT WONT RING. I am sure it must be something simple and I have a lot to learn (for hubby that is) but could someone please point me in the direction of what is going wrong? Havent messed with any of the other settings (yet) and want to solve each problem as it comes along.

(Both Vibrate settings are set to off, ringer and alerts is set to on)
Ringtone: Strum
Text tone: Tri-tone

By the way can you extend the time before the screen switches off?

Thanks a lot

Googley said:
Hi all, well technology has finally arrived in my house and hubby has an i4 sitting here for 3 weeks waiting for ME to set it up for him. Well managed to do some things - can ring in and out BUT the phone will only vibrate when there is an incoming call. I have changed all the settings to vibrate OFF and changed the ringtones (standard issues only so far) and even done a factory reset BUT IT WONT RING. I am sure it must be something simple and I have a lot to learn (for hubby that is) but could someone please point me in the direction of what is going wrong? Havent messed with any of the other settings (yet) and want to solve each problem as it comes along.

(Both Vibrate settings are set to off, ringer and alerts is set to on)
Ringtone: Strum
Text tone: Tri-tone

By the way can you extend the time before the screen switches off?

Thanks a lot

Welcome the ipf. There is a switch on the side of the phone above the volume keys. Make sure that switch is up (not displaying orange). In order to change the the screen dimmer go into settings>general>auto-lock

To extend the time before the screen switch off go to setting> general> auto-lock/ there you can chose the delay time you want.
As for the ringing sound, have you tried to simply pushing the + volume key which is on the left side of the phone?
Are you able to play any song and have a sound coming out from the speaker?

Thank you so much, problems are now resolved with the above replies. I am sure I will be on here a lot more soon. Thanks again

Thank you so much, problems are now resolved with the above replies. I am sure I will be on here a lot more soon. Thanks again

Congrats on the new iPhone and getting it set up finally. Now for the next prob: getting hubby off his behind and learning about his new tech toy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
EWyatt said:
Congrats on the new iPhone and getting it set up finally. Now for the next prob: getting hubby off his behind and learning about his new tech toy!!

+1. Great advice

Happens to my wife all the time. The volume is turned down on your phone. Make a ringtone different, it is a slight possiblity the ringtone you are using is corrupt or made at too low a volume but this is highly unlikely. Also make sure that when you change your setting that they are saved and not just reverting back.