What's new

New to iphone

vgo

Reaction score
No, it's not stolen.

My boss handed me his iPhone today as it was his last day. He gave it to me to play with it on the weekend and to delete anything I find personal. I told him I was just going to do a factory reset to wipe the phone clean. However, it ended up locking up when I stepped out for a while.

Is there a way I can just reset the whole phone? I don't care if it'll lose all the data since that's what I'm going to do anyway. I'm a gadget lover and just wanted to play around with it.

This is a company phone though. I'm not familiar with iPhones.

Being that this is a company phone, the best place to get help with it would be through your company. It's their property and I'm sure they need to keep up-to-date as to who is using it.

Welcome to iPhone Forum. I agree with Ardchoille.

The phone is "dead" at the moment as they have retired the the number. I just wanted to play with the phone over the weekend. It's already been suggested that it gets passed on to me. I don't mind if I don't get it. It's just merely for having the experience of using an iPhone.

I'm quite adventurous. I've even installed unofficial OS on my company supplied BlackBerry. I know with BlackBerry I can soft brick the phone and restore to factory (which I would have to do with my current BlackBerry since they'll be giving me a new phone).

No I Googled it and it says I can just plug it in to iTunes.

Last edited:
Ah ha! That's what I was wondering about.

So does this make iPhone less favorable to be stolen because it cannot be wiped?

Damn it, I should have asked him for his pw! It was a difficult goodbye though, so it wasn't something I was even thinking of.

Also, I'm pretty sure he setup his own apple ID.

Last edited:
That was Apple's intention. They are simply ahead of the field, though. Technology is coming to all smartphones that will make them worthless to thieves.

I read recently that iPhone thefts are already down (in the UK, I believe) as a result of the Activation Lock.