What's new

hi hope you can help

wheelyuk

Reaction score
Hi my son has given me his iphone 6s that he has not used for ages and he gave me the wrong passcode and the phone keeps locking because of wrong passcode, how do i get past the passcode and then i can factory reset

Hi my son has given me his iphone 6s that he has not used for ages and he gave me the wrong passcode and the phone keeps locking because of wrong passcode, how do i get past the passcode and then i can factory reset
Your son or you need to connect to a Mac or PC and, with his Apple ID credentials, restore the phone to factory settings. That is the only way to clear the passcode.

Hello guys,
I have a similar problem with my 6s!
Was not used for years and after a while I updated it! Worked well sor a while, I used my apple id on it was all good but then it had a software crash and then boot by itself!i after restart the software is asking me the code of the apple id of the previous owner! I think he never erased it form his apple devices and now is useless cause I have no idea who’s the previous guy!
I have non idea how to pass by this block!
Any idea?
Thanks

There‘s a huge difference between an iPhone locked by a passcode, and iCloud Activation Lock.

A passcode can be removed from an iPhone or iPad simply by erasing it.

That‘s not possible when the device is still connected to the former owner‘s iCloud ID. There‘s no way to bypass iCloud‘s Activation Lock. If you don‘t know the previous owner, you can‘t use this iPhone.

Thank you for this information. Bad to hear that but I can’t understand why crashed the ios ? Cause I logged my icloud id on it, I used it then suddenly I had this issue!
I appreciate your time. chears