What's new

new to iphone

Alwyn

Reaction score
Hi I'm using the iphone 5 and I'm looking for data saving tips apps

G'day and Welcome to the ForuM!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

If you're referring to apps that counts your data for you out of your monthly limit, there are apps like Data Usage and Data Usage Monitor in the AppStore. Simply set your monthly limit, the date of the counter reset (a.k.a. billing cycle ends) and it'll gauge your data usage as you go along. As for tips on managing data, there aren't any apps for that. Just do a bit of research to find the estimate of how much data certain functions use such as retrieving emails, watching a Youtube clip, listening to music, etc. One word of advice, if say your data cap for the month is 2GB, 2GB is equivalent to 2048 MB, I would set the cap to 2000 or 1950 or something of the sorts so you have a grace margin so you won't get charge for another whole GB for using a MB more than your capacity.

hi all thanks for data usage pro I also installed onavo which has reduced my data usage considerably works similar to RIM and shrinks your data usage by running through a VPN

If you're referring to apps that counts your data for you out of your monthly limit, there are apps like Data Usage and Data Usage Monitor in the AppStore. Simply set your monthly limit, the date of the counter reset (a.k.a. billing cycle ends) and it'll gauge your data usage as you go along. As for tips on managing data, there aren't any apps for that. Just do a bit of research to find the estimate of how much data certain functions use such as retrieving emails, watching a Youtube clip, listening to music, etc. One word of advice, if say your data cap for the month is 2GB, 2GB is equivalent to 2048 MB, I would set the cap to 2000 or 1950 or something of the sorts so you have a grace margin so you won't get charge for another whole GB for using a MB more than your capacity.

Best practice to save data is to use wifi at home or when out and about.

Try to download apps or updates while your on wifi.

G'day and welcome to the FoRuM!!!! :) :) :)

I have found that even using wifi, 4g will show up when I wake up the phone. I've gotten into the habit of shutting off my cellular if I'm using wifi or just using the iPhone as a music player.

I also use Onavo to keep my data in check and although it does help, I only get a reduction of 10% or something similar. It did, however, prevent me a couple of times from exceeding my data limit at the end of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2.

We have excellent capabilities in various Mobile frameworks like iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Symbian, Bada and Windows. We strive to deliver world-class solutions to our clients. Our ever-increasing base of IT services includes application development, application re-engineering and migration, enterprise application integration (EAI) solutions, maintenance and technical support, among others. For more information visit our website.

Last edited by a moderator: